Thursday, May 31, 2007

liveblogging

I have a strong urge to liveblog something. I wish they would let us bring computers to our practical exam tonight, because I would liveblog it for sure:

7:00 pm - patient has 'chest pain'. start on my list of questions that I have been learning these past few days.
7:02 pm - I have run out of questions to ask this patient. perhaps they would like to discuss lamps.
7:03 pm - patient does not want to discuss lamps.
7:04 pm - patient does not seem interested in the relative merits of german vs. japanese steel. I am very interested, however, so I continue.
7:06 pm - I refer the patient to EV. patient does not write the web address down, but they seem like they have a good memory so they will probably remember the address and become a loyal reader.
7:07 pm - I ask the proctoring physician if she would like to read my blog as well and she does not respond, but I know that she is just following instructions not to chat with students so I tell her the address anyway.

maybe I will just make written notes during the exam. I know we are not supposed to take papers around the exam, but when I explain to the supervisors that I am simply doing some offline liveblogging I am sure they will understand.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi, my name is mila and i am a 2nd year medical student. is it ok if i ask you some questions?
when did you start blogging? where do you blog? what makes blogging better? worse? do you do anything else when you blog? on a scale of 1-10, how much do you love to blog? what times do you generally blog? for how long? how does blogging affect your function? have you ever blogged before? what do you think about blogging? does anyone else in your family blog?
(student notes that physical would include MSK exam, with focus on repetitive stain injuries such as CTS).

Anonymous said...

Have you gone mad? Delirious? On another medical note, our cat with IBD now has the opposite problem and has to go the vet tomorrow if it doesn't improve. OMG. Can't you study up on that in your spare time?