Monday, March 05, 2007

modestly refreshing sub-arctic blast

okay, I do not consider myself a delicate flower in the palate department. but I must say that I find mouthwash to be far too potent for my sensibilities. even with a hasty swish and gargle, my mouth is on fire. a glass of cold water to rinse out the caustic peppermint seems to only make it worse. so I have taken to diluting the mouthwash 1:1 with some water in my glass. but I would be lying if I did not say this makes me feel like less of a man. surely a true man would have the oral fortitude to withstand 30 seconds of fresh mint. so here is the solution: listerine et al., why not make a light version? I would even pay full price for your diluted product, so long as there was no mention of light on the label. I could then take a proud swig from my seemingly-normal bottle, and no one need be the wiser. listerine, I am feeling big money here. 50-50 on domestic profits?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

listerine zero?

Anonymous said...

fyi, a less assaulting version already exists- it's called Vanilla Mint Listerine.

Anonymous said...

there is also that crest mouthwash which is supposed to be nicer.

Anonymous said...

Simon,

You absolutely kill me...

~LK