Thursday, March 01, 2007

power outage

it is like little house on the subdivision around here. big power outage, so I had to rough it for a while. for instance, a second banana raspberry smoothie would have been nice, but I rustically made do with only a square of el rey's single origin icoa white chocolate (delicious!). also our cordless phones of course did not work, but that is okay because I am a man of the land. after felling some trees for our fire, I used our corded phone in the kitchen to call the hydro company and enquire regarding the outage. I also churned some butter and tanned some hides I WISH THAT IS WHAT I DID. THAT IS WHAT I DREAM OF DOING EVERY DAY WHEN WE DO HAVE POWER. well not actually tanning the hides, I hear that smells really bad. just procuring some tanned hides. but I am serious about churning the butter.

3 comments:

Luke said...

Has your power been out all weekend, leaving you unable to post? Stop churning butter and milking goats and whatever, and get with the program!

simon said...

do you know how behind I am on my media? I've got an entire season of nip/tuck to watch, and jesus camp is not going to miraculously watch itself. murderball, lives of others, russian ark, west wing, iwo jima, manufactured landscapes... why am I even at school?

Anonymous said...

You will be tanning your hide next week!