Friday, February 02, 2007

postal news

I forgot yesterday to tell of my exciting day of postal deliveries:

usually our post man is kind of lazy. whenever we have a package, he puts one of those canada post cards in our mailbox, instructing us to go to the nearby post office. he does not bother to call up and see if we are home to accept our package. now, I complain, but this is not entirely a bad thing, since the post office is near winners so I can go browse for decanters and frying pans and ties and such. regardless, it would still be nice if the postman would buzz up to tell us we had a package.

anyway, yesterday our postman appeared to suffer a fit of energy, perhaps on account of it being the first day of a new month. or perhaps it was with relief at not having to deliver scores of holiday packages that our postman rang up to us. either way, the postman walked all the way to our abode on the second floor with package in hand. actually he took the elevator, I saw him exiting from it, but that is okay, I take the elevator too. anyway, he brought me my package which was a rather splendid anatomy textbook that I had ordered from chapters only a few days prior. so that was a pretty great start to the afternoon.

I say a great start to the afternoon, for indeed, there was more: knowing the postman had been, I went down to check our mailbox. upon entering the mailroom, I immediately noticed that our box was positively bulging with an unmarked brown envelope. janzen! my christmas shirt from mila had arrived. upon reaching the second floor, I started running down our hall to show mila my shirt. but then our condo president appeared and so feeling that I should show at least a modicum of decorum, I slowed my run to a brisk walk and stopped shrieking. somehow I do not think mr. big-shot-on-suburban-condo-board would have appreciated the beauty of a made-to-measure shirt.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

we have a condo president? i didn't know that. and he lives on our floor? neat! maybe i will run against him next election season. my campaign platform will include re-opening the gym downstairs and installing a bathroom in the lobby. i also wouldn't mind kicking out those punks who live near us and play basketball in the middle of the night.
modesty. integrity. laughter. accountability. vote MILA for president.

also, why don't you tell your readers about the time your first shirt arrived from hong kong. instead of running down the hall shrieking, simon walked down the hall while undressing so as soon as our door was closed he could try on the new shirt.

simon said...

he doesn't live on our floor! he was just visiting the super. you're really not going to win if you don't even know where your constituents live.

Anonymous said...

silly me! he probably lives in the penthouse/presidential suite (sweeeet!!!).

Nick said...

There is a penthouse at Wyndham Gate? Does it overlook Oak Ridge Crescent or Park View Drive?