Monday, December 11, 2006

slow food crush

hey pathology professor. you were talking about alzheimer's today. I admit I was not really paying attention. instead I was thinking of questions I would ask of you when you give us a chance to ask questions.

see, I know you are into slow food. you told us that you gave a talk at a restaurant last year and then I googled you and found out that you love slow food. that is so sweet. we should probably be friends.

I have so many questions for you. for instance, what is your favourite novelty meat? I think mine is squab. which side do you sit on in the foie controversy? me, I side with the more foie for simon side. what about black cod, does it being endangered keep you from enjoying it? I can still enjoy it pretty well, to be quite honest. last question: if you were an amuse bouche, what would you be? I will have to think about my answer to this for a while. we can talk about it later.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't get too excited but rumour has it that your slow food idol is spearheading the release of a schulich cookbook sometime in the new year...

Anonymous said...

If I were an amuse I would be invisible, as I think that they are way overdone these days! I just like to have an appetizer or salad, main then dessert. Bread on the table is ok.

Anonymous said...

Simon's Mom,

Where are you eating these days? I am always looking for something to excite my palate before my meal begins, but most of the restaurants I frequent are loath to provide!

Anonymous said...

I haven't been anywhere lately! We were hoping to go for a nice meal over the holidays but have not chosen a date or time yet - and it is hard to pick a place that pleases us all. This fellow who used to be at a hotel restaurant has a new place (can't recall his name or the place - I think he is Argentinian) and I'd like to try that but I don't know if it's open yet.

simon said...

mom, I believe you are referring to Claudio Aprile's new Colborne Lane. and you wouldn't like it! it's too molecular!