Wednesday, October 11, 2006

guest blogger: mila

verbatim, from the keys of my 'paramour,' mila:

Today after dinner, I was washing the dishes and Mila was dealing with leftovers. Soon after I placed the 10” chef’s knife in the draining rack, I heard a quiet gasp from my paramour followed by a huge spurt of volcanic blood. Mila had slashed open her finger!

After we wrapped it in Kleenex, we both returned to the kitchen where I continued to dry dishes and Mila began to make lunches.

As she worked, she sang this lovely song (to the tune of Don’t Cry For Me, Argentina):

Don’t cry for me, syncope
The truth is I didn’t faint yet
All through my injury
And subsequent blood loss
I kept my bravery
And still made lunches

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that Mila was able to compose a song while bleeding. She is very talented and I hope that she makes a quick recovery! Didn't you have anything better to wrap the injury in than kleenex, by the way? Don't they teach you to use cloths and things like that, at medical school? Wouldn't kleenex disintegrate?

simon said...

it was a bloody paper cut! a kleenex was more than ample!

Anonymous said...

simon, please explain how it is even possible for someone to get a paper cut from a giant knife. i am intrigued.

simon said...

okay first off, mila wrote that entire post. she tried to trick you by referring to herself in the third person. do not be fooled.

second, regarding the cut. we have a variety pack of band-aids here. they include large strips, medium strips, small strips, and those little round ones. let me tell you that not one of those band-aids would have been small enough for this wound.

Anonymous said...

i have tiny fingers! your band-aid comment is misleading because it makes it seem as though my wound is small, while it is in fact massive relative to the near-severed digit.