Tuesday, September 26, 2006

why did no one tell me this sooner

I was just doing some leisure reading about wild game. so venison is a kind of group term for deer and other antlered animals. right, tell me something I do not know, internet. humble is the term for venison's organ meats. what in blazes? why has no one ever told me this before? humble pie? that is pie made from such meats. I did not know that. thanks for keeping me informed, internet. I have been living for 22 years deprived of this knowledge, knowledge which is both interesting and delicious.

OH GOD I AM SEEING A KILLER DISH AND LET ME TELL YOU IT INVOLVES SQUAB CONFIT AND CARIBOU LIVER MOUSSE IN SOME MANNER OF PASTRY. I WILL TELL MY WAITERS TO SAY "chef has asked you to eat crow, and has also sent a side of humble pie" IT WILL BE SUCH A NOVELTY IRONIC DISH. guests will titter enthusiastically as my waiters point to everything with their pinkies.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

clever but gross

Anonymous said...

Simon
I actually have eaten moose before and I think it's great to explore new dishes. Colin shot the moose and we ate it for an entire winter.

simon said...

mila you clearly have no vision.

anonymous I am so jealous. you have no idea. can colin mail me a quail or something please?