Saturday, September 09, 2006

tasting note: superfries

I forgot that I promised tasting notes on the mccain superfries.

well let me tell you that they were not super. they present with a feeble nose of plastic and freezer. attack is satisfactory, with oil and metal notes playing backup to the potato lead. the fries present no resistance to the bite, yielding far sooner than a fry that bills itself as xtra crispy ought to. mouthful is sufficiently full, though the floury texture is certainly less than impressive. the finish is mercifully short given the commercial flavour that lingers. one is forced to wonder whether the trans fat compromise hurt this fry, taking away too much of the meatiness and crisp exterior that one desires. 2.5/5.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please don't eat any more fries. And go and see "Fast Food Nation" when it comes out, I saw a preview for it today. And jelly beans? I hope you are eating a lot of fruits and vegetables.

Anonymous said...

try the mccains curly fries- they are a lot better than the super fries in my humble opinion.

simon said...

thanks mom.

well anonymous, I have a suspicion you may be east coast in origin, and thus may be more expert with mccain products. I will take your suggestion into consideration.