Thursday, August 10, 2006

this is just splended

in my quest to purge my computer of spyware I decided to consult a computer engineer that I work with. I do not actually work with him but he does sit near the desk where I sometimes sit to check my email. anyway he suggested I change some settings in my web browser, which I did. and being a good computer engineer, his suggestion cured my spyware.

but in doing so I had to turn off my google toolbar. so now I cannot type all the hard words into the search box and get the internet to tell me how to spell them. problematic indeed, because I cannot spell. I will have to start blogging at a grade 3 level or something. I hope that is not too ambitious, what kind of words are they teaching in grade 3 now anyway?

AND NOW MY SPYWARE IS BACK. but I would say that if before I had a code red spyware alert (severe risk of spyware attacks), I am now in the relative calm of code blue (general risk of spyware attacks). so what do I do? turn google back on and risk dialing it up to red? or put up with code blue but have compromised diction? I have a dilemma on my hands!

p.s. computer engineer any more ideas?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think you mean you have a dilema on your hands.

simon said...

I do confess that you made me look up the spelling of that word. I will not fall for your tricks of orthography again.