Tuesday, July 11, 2006

lowblaws bakery

hello annoying grammarian reader that is not a typo ([upsidedown!]CHISTES! do not stop reading because I cannot afford to lose readers.)

okay I just noticed this. try writing a word or sentence with an exclamation mark. perky! even exclamatory! BUT PUT THE UPSIDEDOWN EXCLAMATION BEFORE IT. now it is like you are in some sort of latin american funhouse. your sentence is no longer just excited, but now it is excited and A MILLION TIMES MORE ZANY. the sentence just put on rainbow striped clown pants and a tuxedo jacket and is flinging exclamation points about from its breast pocket.

wow that had nothing to do with baked goods. heat stroke I blame you.

I always kind of sneered (I do that a lot if you had not noticed. I would say sneering is one of my strengths. a personal forte if you will) at the loblaws bakery stuff. at this point I must pause to ensure everyone understands my rather clever subject line. I added only one letter (w) but in doing so I formed the word "low" to convey my opinion of the loblaws bakery goods. I guess wordplay should also be considered one of my strong suits.

recap: I did not trust some grocery store bakery to produce any carbohydrate worthy of my consumption. so I would go for the designer label stuff. like dempsters (I usually eat it with a side of krug and caviar). but then mila made me try this caraway rye bread they had. and it was pretty good, and decidely less commercial tasting than dempsters et al.

I guess in summary I will now deign to eat the loblaws bread. it is not bad at all. and they also make challa (pronounced "chal" as in challenge and "la" as in trust me, try this at synagogue and everyone will be impressed with your hebrew) which they do not otherwise carry at loblaws, so that is a bonus point.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you have made peace with the bakery department, but can I suggest "lowblows" (as in, it blows) next time you need to criticize the supermarket chain?

Anonymous said...

sorry, that was supposed to be loblows. but pronounced "law-blows"... not lowblows. oh, nevermind.

simon said...

I can never spell loblaws. I once was writing about it on a food forum and misspelled it and consequently suffered a major episode of shame.

in future please send ameliorative comments to me privately so that I may edit my posts and no one need know that I could not come up with these things on my own.

I do note, however, that lowblows is two letter modifications to my single.

Luke said...

I think the "ch" in "challa" is pronounced as if you were coughing up a hairball. it's like saying "holler" with a bad throat infection and a very heavy New York accent.

perhaps you should open the window to your solarium. you wouldn't want to get accidentally zidaned by Mila as she came in to check on you.

simon said...

holla!