Tuesday, June 27, 2006

style update

big news, today I am starting a photoblog. I think there is a catchy term for photoblogs. perhaps photog but I think that is someone who takes photographs for a photoblog, or perhaps just photos in general. so maybe phoblog but I am not running a vietnamese noodle shop here, so maybe not.

my first picture is my dream collar. my close friend ralph (lauren, nee lifschitz) likes to call it the keaton. some other people make them as well. they often go by more mundane names, like extreme cut-away, or if you want to get jaunty with a little bit of curve, a wide spread sharkfin. AS IF YOU COULD CONSIDER X-TREME SHARKFINZ MUNDANE! AS IF!

as you appreciate the very first picture I have ever posted on my blog, please enjoy how the collar points are almost resting on the shoulder seams. revel in the outrageous near-180 degree spread of the collar. salivate over ralph's audacious choice of tie knot. without ado:

guess who else makes this collar though? BIG UPS TO HK TAILOR! he will make anything because he is a CUSTOM TAILOR. I will probably just email him some of my favourite versions of this collar which I have been accumulating on my computer for some time.

now for my second photo of life, a side view. profile view if you prefer. just try not to bask in the glorious REVERSE FLOW of this collar:


THE COLLAR IS GOING BACKWARDS. THAT IS SO BOLD! I CANNOT HANDLE ANY MORE OF THIS RECKLESSNESS FOR TODAY. I AM GOING TO GO TO WORK NOW.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

those collars are ridiculous. i am ashamed to be associated with them both through you and ralph.

Anonymous said...

I see that you are too busy posting pictures of collars on the web to call to see how your sister is doing after her surgery. She is fine. She beat your recovery time. She wasn't trying to operate on herself, as you did when you had yours out. Om topic, I am glad that you love this collar and are able to get one like it.

Anonymous said...

Your sister was under the knife? Oh no! I hope it was nothing serious - perhaps your HK tailor could have a hand in stitching her up again? Better than searching out shark fins (in soup, maybe) from which to copy patterns.

Seriously though, I'm thrilled that you're adding a multimedia touch to the blog. Might I suggest a term for the new creation: a "phlog," which is both catchy, and a handy homonym for what I'm sure Mila will do to you if you ever wear a backwards collar.

simon said...

why do I even bother? I get so much attitude around here.

simon said...

plus to everyone who now thinks I am a bad brother, it was just wisdom teeth. that's just like a souped up visit to the dentist.

Anonymous said...

Don't get too hot under the collar! It's easy to get tied up in these little ripostes!

Also, why are you blogging so early? 6:39 am?!?

simon said...

do we not recall that I start work at 7? 6:40 is prime prework internetting time.