Wednesday, June 28, 2006

literary device of the day: simile

I am so ashamed to admit that my blog has become like a patchy beard. i.e. my blog has become patchy. i.e. sometimes I go entire days without posting.

speaking of poor facial hygiene, I saw that al gore movie last night. he was so sweaty. at first I thought that his producers were rather sloppy and just forgot to blot him or something, but then I realized it was probably a subtle demonstration of global warming. I am on to you al gore.

my most astounding realization that came from the al gore movie: there is no more hole in the o-zone layer. I do not really believe that. it is such a classic, how could it be gone. maybe it will come back soon, sporting hammer pants and a mullet.

p.s. did I tell you about the time I tried to grow a mullet?

4 comments:

Luke said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Luke said...

you mean that time yesterday that you still had a mullet?

yes, the hole in the ozone layer is dissapearing fast, thanks to one of the few effective international environmental efforts of recent years (banning chlorofluorocarbons or CFCs) - if only the Asia-Pacific Partnership on Clean Development and Climate (the Nutella of efforts against global warming) promised such success! Its acronym is not even as snappy. APPCDC?? It sounds like an 80s rock band crossed with an MMORPG. What a horrible thought...

In other entirely self-serving news, I, too, have started up one of these blog things - www.thestarkcontrast.blogspot.com. Please look at it. If you don't, I will "phlog" you to death!

Anonymous said...

Al Gore just won the Nobel prize - so perhaps it was ok that he was a bit sweaty.

simon said...

how on earth did you dig up this old post?