Thursday, June 22, 2006

most shocking blog post yet

if you read only one blog post on this weblog, this should be it.

I have always watched tv and wondered who would fall for those lines where the powerhouse baritone thunders about how next week's show has unbelievable twists and astounding new developments. who actually watches a new sitcom because the humourous tenor proclaims it to be the funniest new show on television? well I have found the person that those voiceovers are reaching out to. that person is mila.

I am not joking. every week she would demand that I remind her when house is on, because they told her it would be a mindblowing episode that she simply could not miss. she would then miss that week's episode, but the trailer for next week would say that it was even more outrageous than ever, and mila would again be pumped for next week's show. rinse and repeat (which I should have mentioned in my shampoo post. what a sham, who has such dirty hair?).

does anyone remember 'everyone loves brian' or some show like that? no, probably not. I am pretty sure it was cancelled because it was terrible. it might still be languishing in some 3rd tier time slot, but my guess is that it was cancelled. anyway mila insisted on watching it because the ads all said it would be the best new show on the boob tube (I hate myself for just writing that). I am fairly certain that she even wrote down the time of the premiere in her day planner so that she would not miss it. that is okay though because mila introduced me to ellen, which is great because ellen d. is hilarious and has sweet style a lot of times (I wrote ellen d. not because I am all ghetto fabulous but because I am bad at spelling and I could not figure out how to spell her last name).

p.s. I just realized that ellen has pretty lousy initials. if she had a home decor magazine I would have to drop a veto on the monogramming everything that is not nailed down DO NOT WORRY OPRAH IT IS COOL WHEN YOU DO IT YOU HAVE A W IN YOUR MONOGRAM WHICH IS UNIQUE AND CLASSY.
p.p.s. I put weblog in at the start just to check out the dictionary. you do not get personal service like that just anywhere, I will have you know. anyway that is a negative on weblog, repeat, negative on weblog. 10-4. alpha tango. simon over and out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you talking about "What about Brian?" I like that show - and it was renewed for another season. I, too, was intrigued by the commercials. I love TV.

-michelle

simon said...

oh my.

chocolate and whine said...

Okay, I think this is the only blog (weblog, whatever) that I've actually laughed out loud over.

Good stuff.

(No pressure!)

simon said...

well, I guess it depends whether you eat your frozen entrees out of the tray or not.