Monday, May 29, 2006

cure for suburbia, part one

at the end of first year, everyone in my class is sent away to a small community in south-western ontario to get a taste of how medicine is practiced in ruralmcsmallville. clearly up my alley, right? can't wait to dig in to that one.

BUT where should I get sent but Stratford. bling bling. true, the place is simultaneously overrun by townies and infested with tourists from upstate new york who show up to the theatre in mesh leather sandals, dockers shorts and obnoxious short-sleeved dress shirts. however, it's also got its share of fine restos and it does have the theatre. so far the theatre sounds like a go. I am rather more nervous about the dining. as I said in an email recently, I am somewhat concerned that we will be stuffed into a pleather banquette at a family style restaurant where the entree comes with soup or salad and the soft drinks are bottomless.

attn stratford rural week organizers: if we could do a nice lunch at rundles, and perhaps a leisurely dinner at bijou (need time for the cheese course, you see) I would be most appreciative. also no rogers and hammerwhatever musicals, please.

No comments: