Monday, September 17, 2007

international relations

I placed my shirt order last thursday and am somewhat concerned (to say the least) since I have not yet received confirmation from my hong kong tailor. well, I thought, there was a weekend in there, so maybe the friendly gentleman who sends out the emails was simply away from his desk for a couple days. but what if china does not even have weekends? or maybe they have weekends on tuesday and wednesday. do they even have tuesdays and wednesdays? seven day weeks? who knows!? I sure do not. yet another gaping chasm in my knowledge of the world, it would appear.

2 comments:

Aldous said...

With great excitement I thought you had posted something relevant to my chosen (sub)discipline. Alas, it was yet another instance of the vain sartorial self-promotion that we readers have come to expect.

simon said...

well, with your extensive post-graduate expertise, are you not able to answer my query? do chinese businesses enjoy the weekend off?