Saturday, May 26, 2007

the simon diet

okay, I did not really understand before why sick people did not eat so much. I mean, just eat some food, right? maybe you are not super hungry, but that is okay, just choke back a powershake, they are actually delicious.

but now having had some personal experience, I can fully empathize. I have a killer cankersore in my mouth and it really hurts to eat. so mila has been trying to bulk me up on applesauce and yogurt and soup and stuff, but that is really not going to work. I mean, my diet is pretty much just dry carbs. and they hurt so much to eat. so I manage to choke back a cookie or two for breakfast, and maybe a little baggie of crackers for morning snack, but that's it. so I can see if this goes on much longer I am going to get some serious caloric debt. I will probably have to switch to powershakes, because as I say they are pretty delicious. it is really too bad that one of those shakes counts as a meal, because nothing finishes off an actual meal like an ice cold powershake.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I find that rinsing with full strength Listerine acts as a great analgesic.

...oh wait, I forgot that you can only handle Listerine Lite :)

simon said...

funny you should say that! I just came from doing a 50/50 listerine rinse!

my analgesic of choice is concurrent advil and tylenol, at doses far higher than suggested.

Anonymous said...

Gargle with salt water or else baking soda and it should get better soon.

Anonymous said...

i think cankersores are caused by Vitamin B deficiency - clearly your answer is a nice powershake made of brewer's yeast, an egg and blackstrap molasses (my mother used to drink these when she was pregnant, but that was the seventies, and she had read too much "diet for a small planet")

simon said...

you mean peanut butter cookies and wheat snax don't give me all of my vitamins?

I will go eat a multivitamin just in case. no offense to bronmom, but I am not drinking that concoction.