Tuesday, May 29, 2007

48,674 words later

well it is officially my blogiversary today. I assume the presents will arrive later this evening, which is fine, no rush. no ready-to-wear, please. also large gifts should be delivered to the rear door of the building, just fyi.

anyway, this inaugural year has seen 50 mentions of cheese, 48 chefs, 34 chocolates, 28 shirts, 20 foies, 16 collars, 13 sweaters and 10 blazers grace the pages of EV. meanwhile, class was mentioned 9 times and lecture, 8, so I guess it is not so surprising that I am really not all that well versed in leukemias at the moment.

p.s. I guess it is not so vain around here after all: 179 mentions of mila to only 41 simons.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

179 milas? that is only 0.37%. let's try to aim for 10% for next year.

Anonymous said...

i am sorry i forgot to bring your blogiversary card today. i have had today's date written down in my red notebook for weeks! it seems like only yesterday that your blogs were draining....or whatever it was.

don't worry - i'll make it up to you. maybe i will get JK to put a sparkler in a cupcake. or maybe he could give you a giant sombrero. or maybe he'll give you the double guns like at the keg!

j

Anonymous said...

funny!!! just sit beside me tomorrow and all will be forgiven. i can have you on one side and liz on the other because simon is skipping.

simon said...

j, I cannot believe you remember my first blog!

mila thanks a lot. you know that my mother is going to read this, and then she is going to be on my case for skipping class, and I will have to explain that it was not an important class, but she won't believe me and I will have to endure her predictions of my imminent medical school failure.

simon said...

p.s. j please do not joke about double guns at jk. I might have nightmares.

simon said...

p.p.s j please do not worry about the blogiversary card - it ought to go without saying, but blogiversary celebrations are week-long affairs, at least. so you have plenty of time

mila, perhaps you should go chill the dom for night number 2 of the festival.

Anonymous said...

pppppppppppppppppppppps: "mom", not to worry about the class. it really isn't important. i might not even go! also, simon has promised that he will stay home and be productive.

Anonymous said...

I am geting very worried about this year's exams, Simon. Your posting is getting excessive. BTW, happy blogversary, but please get back to work!

Unknown said...

Happy Blogiversary! I am proud to be a reader of your blog. I'm also glad that this is a week long celebration, as I was unable to post this comment on the actual day due to being on-call.