Wednesday, February 07, 2007

old people

as the next school year comes closer and closer, we are having to make a seemingly endless number of choices about what we want to do. so far they have not asked me if I want to do a rotation as medical sommelier at splendido, but I am sure it is just a matter of time. "ah, sir may I suggest the foie torchon for its antioxidant properties?" "madam, for a nice detox, I would be terribly remiss if I failed to recommend the seared foie."

anyway, most recent in this string of decisions is whether or not we wish to spend two weeks with old people. I am talking nursing homes and diapers here. or so I imagine. whatever it is: old people for two weeks? pass.

mila, on the other hand, is having a somewhat more difficult time deciding. so far she has determined that old people smell, but she also feels that the old people may enjoy her particular brand of puppet theatrics. any advice, I am sure, would be appreciated.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

the choice is between old people and eyes/ears. gross vs gross.

Anonymous said...

J just reminded me that parkwood has a bowling alley. add that to the fact that it also has an old people craft room and craft store and i think we have ourselves a deal. but so help me, if effie is there i am switching to ENT. that is one elder i don't care for.

Luke said...

Simon, if Mila doesn't work with old people, who will take care of you and your ebony cane and man-clutch in your advanced age?

simon said...

you forgot, luke, that I will be in perfect health due to my exemplary posture early in life.

Anonymous said...

Don't be so mean. You guys will be old one day and need medical personnel to visit you!