Monday, December 04, 2006

reality show details

recently the bottom of our dishwasher has been filling far more quickly than the top shelf. why have we not been going through more glasses and mugs, I wondered. I am drinking plenty of nog, surely that should churn through the glassware. mila, clearly, must not be pulling her weight.

mila is not pulling her weight because she chugs from the carton. she is always leaving the kitchen with her litre of chocolate milk in hand. she is not putting the chocolate milk on the table for dinner. she is sneaking into the hall to chug out of the carton because she knows I will yell at her to get a glass if I see her doing it. I yell at her anyway, because I am onto her game. I am also not tricked when she goes for a short trip into the dining room with jug of orange juice in hand. so I yell, vainly, for her to please use a vessel of some sort.

if we were on reality tv they would need little captions to put next to our names when we were on camera. I would probably be "pro blogger" or perhaps "arbiter of good taste." I am undecided as of yet.

mila would be "the fratboy."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

lies lies lies! i never drink from the chocolate milk. that would be gross.

Luke said...

this is all far too lurid. julian and I are waiting with bated breath - will Mila fling a cartoon of eggnog at Simon's head?

Anonymous said...

Me too!

Anonymous said...

Your naming dilemma could easily be settled if you opt for "pro blogging arbiter of good taste"