Monday, November 13, 2006

snack attack

things are getting dire here at EV HQ. provisions are running low. at last inventory I counted:

40g chocolate digestive cookies. that is 3 cookies. do you know how quickly I eat three cookies? they will be lucky if they make it to noon.

177g cherry yogurt. this is not even a dry carb, my favourite snack variety, so it barely counts. it is delicious though.

57g arrowroots. 9 cookies. these are like paper, I could down 9 cookies without blinking an eye.

69g goldfish crackers (cheddar cheese flavour). I could pour the bag into my mouth right now and not even have to chew. that is not many goldfish.

21g walnuts. that is about 7 walnut halves plus some crumbs. that will all be gone with my 4pm oprah-inspired cheese and apple snack NO WAIT WE ARE OUT OF CHEESE.

so as you can see I am in grave danger of running out of snacks before exams end on wednesday. can one mail-order snacks? will grocerycheckout fulfil an order for a bag of nibs, some wheat thins and a box of simple pleasures? NO EGGNOG AND NO SNACKS? NO WONDER I CANNOT SEEM TO GET ANY STUDYING DONE! I AM MALNOURISHED!

feeling faint... hypoglycaemia setting in... no strength left to typ

7 comments:

Emily said...

do you have a digital scale?!?

My only snacks today consisted of a bag (don't know exact mass, sorry) of "mediterranean" flavoured potato chips. I don't know what mediterranean flavour entails, but it tastes like all-dressed.

simon said...

yes we do have a digital scale! scored it at le winners.

I could seriously go for some chips right now. or crispers. though Mediterranean flavour sounds a bit sketch. what if it includes sun dried tomato flavour? of that I am not a fan.

Anonymous said...

emily, can you please keep your eyes open for t cruise. he arrived in rome at about 11:30 your time. it is so cool that i have international spies!

Emily said...

I think there was a tomato on the bag. and some olive oil.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for t cruise, and take as many paparazzi pictures as I can.

Anonymous said...

no wonder you can't study if you are wasting all your time weighing various snack foods!

simon said...

rachel, how could I possibly study with the constant fear of running out of snacks hanging over me? worse, how could I ever study with that fear and the exact quantity of those snack foods unknown?

update: yogurt gone. chocolate digestives almost depleted. goldfish a few grams lighter.

Anonymous said...

will i need to roll you to the last exam?