Thursday, November 23, 2006

a love for meerkats

last night, just as I was getting into bed, mila yelled out from her office, where she had been sending a quick late night email:

"simon! I think you just got a pretty important msn! you better go check."

so I removed myself from the warm duvet and trekked over to my office. in my cold, dark office, I had received a message from mila:

"Meerkat Marathon!
7AM-8PM Meerkat Manor (Animal Planet) Will 13 straight hours of furry happy goodness cause you to absorb the meerkat's altruism through osmosis?"

well let me tell you I am glad that little note did not wait until morning.

I do not even know where to start on this meerkat business. it is too bizarre. they just film a bunch of meerkats in a field somewhere, and this british narrator provides a melodramatic anthropomorphized voiceover. it is surreal. I cannot imagine who would watch it. other than mila, that is.

No comments: