Tuesday, October 24, 2006

sweater tuck

I have been waiting for a while to go for a sweet tucked in sweater look. so as I got dressed this morning, I thought today would be the perfect opportunity. but then I tried it, and it really was not working out for me. the tuck was terminated.

let me tell you, today was my lucky day. someone else at the hospital was doing the tucked in sweater too. but I kind of got the feeling he was just used to tucking his shirts in everyday, and he was sure not going to go flapping in the breeze just because he was wearing a sweater. so in short, not the image I was going for with the sweater tuck. not cool. but if I had shown up with a tuck of my own, I would have been immediately associated with his amateur tuck. so thank goodness I aborted my own tuck this morning. close call.

one day soon, though, I hope to break out the sweater tuck. maybe it will even be a cardigan. not too soon though, because then someone might remember this post and think that my tuck was something other than a spontaneous expression of cold weather style.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please don't tell me you are serious about adopting this tucked in style. Even if it is in style, it seems like something either a very young child would do (his mom tucked in his sweater to keep him warm) or a very old person (his nursing home assistant tucked in his sweater to keep him warm).

simon said...

maybe I will treat you to a sweater tuck over christmas vacation so that everyone can appreciate the splendidness of the tuck.