Wednesday, October 25, 2006

rubbing shoulders with celebs

I was just browsing one of my typography forums. reading up on serifs, ligatures, favourite ampersands, that sort of thing. anyway, who should post but the creator of that film about helvetica that I wrote about a while ago. I READ A REAL LIVE FORUM POST BY A MOVIE DIRECTOR. I COULD HAVE REPLIED IF I WANTED, AND HE MIGHT EVEN HAVE REPLIED BACK.

now I just have to hope my chef comment friend does not see this and fire back a torrent of zings about my entitlement disease.

speaking of diseases of the entitled classes: when my mother found out that I had recently enjoyed a bag of "butter lover's" popcorn, she exclaimed that I should instead be buying blue menu. "simon!" she yelled, "that has so much trans fat! you can't eat trans fat with your tb!" it is nice to see that at least someone recognizes the burden of my disease.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did not yell. But you should eat the blue menu popcorn, though I did discover that it was I who sent you this evil popcorn, in an exam gift pack last year. So I am partly to blame!

simon said...

I am eating sweet potatoes tonight, maybe they will counter the trans fat.