Tuesday, October 10, 2006

killer dilemmas

okay the first dilemma involves a blazer, but I will not bore you with the details.

the second dilemma involves white vinegar. where to keep it? the grocery store keeps it in the food section, so I am inclined to follow their lead and keep it in the kitchen. but I think I probably use it to clean more often that I use it to cook. the only time I ever use it to cook is for poaching eggs, I think. so maybe I should consider moving it to the laundry area, where the cleaning supplies live. as I say, killer dilemma.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

As far as the vinegar goes, I can help you with that - I keep one bottle with my cooking ingredients, in the kitchen, and a larger one in the laundry room with the cleaning products. Problem solved!

Anonymous said...

Simon:

1. Doesn't your kitchen include an area for kitchen cleaning supplies?

2. I concur. My white vinegar use this year can be measured on the following list: 1/4 teaspooon for meringues. 8 cups poured fruitlessly down the drain with baking soda following the advice of one of your hippie blog readers.

3. I would suggest using white wine vinegar for poaching eggs. I find it makes a difference in flavour.

Anonymous said...

I like to keep it on a bookshelf exactly midway between the kitchen and the bathroom.

Anonymous said...

break the bank and buy two bottles of vinegar and keep one in the bathroom and one in the kitchen.

we don't do this with vinegar, but we do have two separate boxes of baking soda.

simon said...

whoa donald trump doesn't live here, you know. two bottles! you and lynne both, just pouring money down the drain.

and while we may live in suburbia, in reality the kitchen and laundry area are not so far removed as to make travel between the two difficult.

chef aldous, I see your white wine vinegar and raise you a champagne vinegar.

Anonymous said...

We are currently shopping local, so we are using a Niagara Chardonnay vinegar. Though of course I do enjoy the Champagne vinegar.