Monday, October 02, 2006

fact checking diana krall

factual errors in the first 37 seconds of diana krall's version of "temptation":

russet brandy in a diamond glass: diana, I question whether russet is a well-recognized colour descriptor in the world of wines and spirits. furthermore, I am not familiar with the existence of any glasses made of diamond. my contacts at riedel denied producing anything remotely similar, and were quite dubious regarding the feasibility of such a glass.
everything is made from dreams: this is simply untrue. for instance, my desk is made of wood. proof by counterexample. qed.
time is made from honey, slow and sweet: maybe you should let elvis double check the lyrics before you hit the recording studio. congratulations on the slow and sweet though, I checked those out and honey is both slow-flowing and sweet.
only the fools know what it means: if pressed, I would guess that the fools would be the last to know what it means. do you have a reference for this?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

she's prego with twins! give her a break!

also, you love diana krall, so why all the 'tude?

don't hate, appreciate!

simon said...

I appreciate! I was blasting diana all yesterday afternoon!