Sunday, October 29, 2006

bus ride

because my post about "poo" was not sufficient for mila, she has decreed that I am to post about our bus ride home from the movies this evening.

we went to see Quinceanera tonight. it was really nice. the ending was really happy and I would tell you more about it but I would not want to ruin the story for anyone. we can have a private movie chat if you would like to hear more about it. oh yeah, I almost forgot, I got some nibs at the theatre which was awesome, because as you know I had been craving them. I did go to bulk barn on friday, but I forgot that I wanted nibs so I just got sweedish berries instead. they were great, not to worry, as were the few candy corns that mila permitted me to get.

so anyway once the movie was done we went down to the bus stop and waited for our bus to come. when it finally did, it was one of those long, accordion buses. so I asked mila:

"where would you like to sit? front? back?"

big mistake. I should never have let mila choose. we ended up sitting on those stupid seats right inside the accordion. so every time the bus went around a corner the rest of the bus would spin around and the seats would shake and the accordion would woosh open and closed. even thinking about it is making me nauseous. mila, despite having celebrated her quinceanera some seven years ago, swung her feet (which were nowhere near to reaching the floor) in the air, giggled hysterically every time the bus made a turn and stared obsessively at the floor and the accordion pleats as they swung about us. at least she had fun. I need a gravol.

4 comments:

A Girl From Texas said...

I'm glad to hear the movie had a happy ending. It looked like a really good somewhat intense film and I was somewhat reluctant to see it since I thought it might be too depressing. Now I know I can see it and feel good about it.

Anonymous said...

i always used to sit in the accordinon on the bathurst streetcar on the way home from the ex, so i have to agree with mila on this one!

Anonymous said...

I would also like to see that movie - isn't it about gay Mexicans?

simon said...

bronwen the streetcar is a different beast. though I still don't think I would sit in the accordion.

and anonymous. um, I don't really know who you are. there was a gay guy in it, so I guess you could say it is about gay mexican. but I think he might have been american, so perhaps you are incorrect on both counts. sorry.