Thursday, September 28, 2006

required reading

I am currently reading a textbook about ecg's for class. on page 95 of this book is this mathematical gem:

"multiplying by ten may be done by placing a zero on the right side of the number"

I will confess that this is an introductory text. it is intended for the beginner medical student. but I cannot believe that this author just wasted my time with what was, according to the ministry of education, supposed to have been learned in grade 4. I could have been looking for sweaters on ebay or something.

3 comments:

simon said...

addendum:
"why don't you obtain some EKG tracings and amaze yourself (and your friends) at how easily you can determine the rate"

why don't you stop writing idiotic things like that?

also your friends probably think you are pretty lame because I'll bet you are always bothering them about EKG's.

Anonymous said...

hey simon, why don't you come into my office so that i can amaze you with a sweet ekg trick that i learned. yeah right, i am only on chapter 3. i haven't even gotten to the how to multiply by 10 part.

Unknown said...

Oh Dubin... :)