Tuesday, September 19, 2006

not so great expectations

last night I saw a trailer for the upcoming movie 'the guardian.' it features ashton kutcher in a non-ironic role, which makes me quite nervous. I think it must also have made the producers somewhat nervous, as all they could muster, even in the thundering voice of hollywood hyperbole, was "the movie event of the fall". I think we all know that is patently false. so the producers might as well have cranked it up a bit. I mean seriously, the movie of the year, the movie of the decade, even the movie of the summer. those are all valid periods in which to have a movie event. but movie of the fall? that is the most half-hearted endorsement I have ever heard.

then again mila just told me that ashton just installed a wetbar in his closet. so perhaps they were even stretching it with the fall.

No comments: