Monday, August 28, 2006

noname facial tissue redux

we just picked up our first case of the fall/winter 06/07 noname facial tissues. new this season in box design? a collage of black and white 1950s family photos. and I am pretty sure they are not recreations, because they have old cars in the background and stuff. and the outfits and hair styles look pretty authentic. so since I doubt noname has an extensive art direction budget for its tissue boxes, I am pretty confident in saying that these are actually someone’s old photos.

IF I EVER CATCH SOMEONE SELLING MY OLD PHOTOS TO NONAME FOR THEIR PACKAGING DESIGN I WILL BE VERY MAD. jeeze it is noname, how much would they pay anyway? I mean if walmart wanted them or something, that is a different story. they have a global empire, they would probably pay some pretty good coin. or even target, because they really try to make good design accessible to everyone, they say so in all their ads, so my family photos might end up on a sweet lamp or something. BUT I SWEAR, DO NOT SELL MY FAMILY PHOTOS TO NONAME.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

no offence, but your family photos may not translate that effectively into black and white. i fear that all of the pastels would turn into a monochromatic sea of grey.

simon said...

are you not familiar with the early 90s plaid series? that was most certainly not pastel.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps that is where you developed your interest in fashion - from the plaid you wore when you were a small boy.