Thursday, August 03, 2006

light poster

so posting has been kind of sparse the last few days. is that because I have been really busy or because after 77 brief essays I have already mined my life for every possible nugget of interest? I hope not the latter, but I would have difficulty arguing the former seeing as I had enough free time last night to watch part of under the tuscan sun on tv.

quite frankly, that is one of the worst movies I have ever seen. I think I almost vomited a few times, I am not joking, it was that repugnant. as I mentioned to mila, there is only one possible positive aspect to having sat through even 5 minutes of that hollywood euroshlock. now when I see a quality film after having seen nothing but quality films for the past month and I ask myself "I am so jaded, is this movie even good?" I will be able to answer with certainty "yes, just be thankful that diane lane is not in it."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rosie was also watching Under the Tuscan Sun at the same time as you. But she thought it was OK! What was she thinking? I saw it when it was in theatres (misguided, but still, only at a rep cinema) and I agreed with your assessment. DL is very wooden.
In other news, yasemin, rosie and I found an apartment in Montreal, and I am afraid to say that Yas and I will each have a study. I will no longer be able to hold up my head in your company. . .

Anonymous said...

twins! living together, loving each other!

simon said...

okay two things,
first, bronwen I cannot believe you made fun of our suburban sprawl.
second, everyone fyi what mila posted are in fact the lyrics to a song she sang the entire time we were making dinner. as if that explains it.