Sunday, August 13, 2006

judging a book by its cover, the bad

whenever we take the train home we always have to pass by the via rail employee as we enter the train platform. they stand there yelling out the destinations and the appropriate car with their via rail accents (a close relative to that of air canada). anyway, sometimes they wait for you to tell them where you are going, or sometimes they just keep up a running stream of cities. but I also think they kind of try to guess where you are heading and shout out the appropriate city. so this once when we were entering the platform the via woman said “aldershot? first car on the left.”

via rail woman, do I look like I am from aldershot?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think that there is anything wrong with being from Aldershot. It may be the stop for Hamilton/Burlington in any event and not really a place (though I could be wrong about that, should check on my map).

Anonymous said...

(ot)
Simon, please link your blog to President Ahmadinejad's blog, for infinite justice.

simon said...

indeed aldershot does not seem to be a place, but rather some invention of go transit. as if that makes things any better.