Tuesday, July 04, 2006

rocking the mullet

some time last year I think, though it may have been earlier this year, I tried to grow a mullet. I am somewhat surprised at myself that I cannot remember when I tried to grow a mullet because it was pretty much the highlight of my life for the few short weeks it lasted.

methods and materials:
1) student/eleve scissors. they are bilingual scissors because they are from canada. they are intended for paperwork and light crafts. however, I find they do a rather nice job with hair.
2) long hair

first, cut your hair short on the top, front and sides. there are no more steps because we are trying to grow a mullet.
allow your hair to grow, then repeat the first step. I will allow that this very instruction could be interpreted as a second step, but I am not one to pad my work by calling it a two step procedure when it is in fact really just a one step. in fact, I believe I repeated the procedure thrice. but I have scruples and so hold firm at a one step.

results:
kind of just looked like I had cut the top of my hair but forgotten the back. which I guess is maybe an authentic mullet style, but I wanted more of a euromullet, for which I think I needed professional help.

further research:
I tried to raise the issue of getting a euromullet when I was getting my hair cut once but she kind of just laughed so I laughed along as though the whole thing was one outrageous joke. HAHAHA BUT IT WAS NOT A JOKE I WAS VERY SERIOUS ABOUT A MULLET AND YOU CRUSHED MY DREAMS.

No comments: