Thursday, July 20, 2006

restoration taupe

I was at restoration hardware looking for lamps yesterday with my mom. that lamp business is another post or probably another blog. but anyway, we were looking around and trying to elicit some help from mr. lavender sweater store clerk but he was just being surly. IT IS A MILLION DEGREES OUT WHY ARE YOU WEARING A SWEATER AND ANYWAY I HAVE A WAY BETTER LAVENDER SWEATER THAN THAT AND YOU HAVE ADULT BRACES SO DO NOT GIVE ME ATTITUDE.

moral of the story, however, they have two long walls of curtains on display, symmetrical like. one wall has all off whites and champagnes and creams. the other wall has a few colours but then they could not handle the saturation anymore so they dialed that wall right back down to neutrals. I am familiar with the wide selection of colours in the white family, do not think I am some colour neophyte. but it was quite exciting to see curtain after curtain hanging there in ever so slightly different shades of ecru.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

this post reminds me of that colgate commercial when the preschool teacher asks her kids what colour her teeth are and instead of white they all say stuff like "stucco", "ecru" and "mother of pearl". classic. well, quasi-classic. true classic would be:
"emerson high, 1975. you were in my class"
"i was your teacher"
"miss fitzhenry?!??!"
"bugsy brown"

Anonymous said...

Hey Simon, nice blog. I draw your attention to another high-style man-blog,
http://thesartorialist.blogspot.comYay for internet time wasting!
-Rosie M-

simon said...

rosie m I read that blog so hard already! it is pretty sweet, but then sometimes he takes a lot of pictures of women's clothes and I get bored and I just want to see men's fashions. I have a whole section in my favourites of such websites!

Luke said...

Not only do you read The Sartorialist Simon, but apparently so many other people do as well that it has managed to merit an article in my favorite online mag.

simon said...

thanks for the link. I see the sartorialist only gets 7,000 hits per day. I should offer him some tips.

Luke said...

Wait a minute, how many hits do YOU get per day?

simon said...

2 bajillion hits.