Sunday, July 16, 2006

computer we need to talk

dear computer,
mila's office is maybe 15 feet away. we chat quite comfortably by yelling across the apartment. yet sometimes I also find myself chatting with her on my webcam, texting her on msn, replying to her emails and communicating with her via the comments on this blog. simultaneously. I clearly love computers and the internet. so why do you give me so much spyware? I give you love and you give me popups. that is really not fair, in case you wondered. please start pulling your weight around here. I am not going to sit around here just taking your tude - I have to respect myself, you know.
simon

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you using IE these days?

Anonymous said...

I have an article somewhere from Consumer Reports about how to get rid of spyware, do you want to borrow it? There are some websites you can go to (can't recall the name right now). I find spyware really annoying too!

simon said...

thank you so much IT mom!

mila has been giving me computing tips from chatelaine. I cannot handle any more computer advice from the popular media.

and yes I am using IE. I refuse to use firefox, it seems far too trendy.

Anonymous said...

aren't you a hax0r snob. i was just trying to help! w00t

Anonymous said...

I guess being less predisposed to spyware is trendy too :)

Anonymous said...

Simon, get Windows Defender. It will solve many of your problems. Recommended by 100% of IT amateurs at DSF.