Friday, June 09, 2006

nutella sandwich

before discussing my nutella sandwich I should probably share the recipe:

recipe for nutella sandwich - scratch that

recipe for disaster:
- 1 frozen english muffin, partially thawed. I suggest separating it by fork, for a more natural texture, but this is really an area where you can express your personal style. then toast it. smoking hot use of pronoun with ambiguous antecedent there. toast the muffin.
- nutella, as required. spread it on with a knife. that method would be my suggestion, and I would stick with it. this is not an area for personal expression, wolfgang (reference to puck, not the one with talent. yeah I said it. can you take it, wolfy p?).
- in order to toast the English muffin enough to get the middle cooked, it will be nice and burnt. like really burnt. there will be a carbon party on your english muffin, and everyone will be invited. top and bottom, sides, they are all invited. in fact, they have vip invites.

anyway, I guess the only real discussion is that the non-frozen/charred version is delicious and I suggest that you try one. by the way, it is an open-faced sandwich. do not go freestyling with closed-faced, that would be a disaster.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Simon, I'm glad you have not totally run out of things to post about. Might your nutella sandwich be compared to the Asia-Pacific Initiative on Climate Change? Aka a carbon party that's really just nuts?

simon said...

my life is a fascinating smorgasbord of blog material, what can I say?

p.s. I can delete comments. do not make me do that.