Friday, June 02, 2006

golden elixir

I'm going to let you in on the secret of my new favourite beverage. I am not sure why, but one day I started calling it golden elixir. most likely because it has a golden hue and because it is so refreshing that it can maintain life indefinitely?

hold on, I did not know that elixir meant that. I thought it was just a potion or brew or something. but the dictionary is going on about philosophers' stone, which I am quite frankly surprised by because that first harry potter book is a great read, but I do not understand why they have started basing real life on it. I am probably going to have to switch dictionaries or something, because I have lost all faith in this one.

so despite the dictionary indicating that I am somewhat misusing the word elixir, I still call it that. sometimes if I am in a rush I will call it 'golden e' or just 'golden'. sometimes if I've got to fly it is just 'lixir'. these are all the same beverage, actually. in fact, they are all really just iced tea that I make from a pot of hot tea.

it all started when mila was sick a while ago, and I would steal the remainder of the tea in her pot and pour it into a pitcher and put it in the fridge. but let me tell you that with a beverage this refreshing, that kind of casual production was simply not going to keep up with demand. so I started topping off the teapot with more hot water, and then filling my iced tea pitcher. still not cutting it. so now I run a small little moonshine operation in which I fill the teapot for the sole purpose of creating iced tea. it is still really hard to keep up with demand, if you can believe it.

well reader, you probably think I am some sort of brewmaster by now, and you are probably right. sometimes my beverage creations amaze even myself.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey brewmaster,grandmothers (including our own) have been drinking cold tea forever. It is the staple of a mature woman's summer hydration regime.

simon said...

actually I am pretty sure I invented it.

Anonymous said...

While it's everlastingly endearing (and kind of puppy-dog cute) that you two have this ongoing banter on the blog, let nobody ever forget that your computers are a matter of yards - rather than miles - apart from one another.

P.S. I cafeteria-brew iced tea when Brisk(tm) from the fountain is simply not cutting it, so I guess I invented it first. Most importantly: what kind of leaves do you use?

Anonymous said...

Aldous, aren't you supposed to bbe working? I see that you post during working hours. Better be careful or I will notify your boss.

Anonymous said...

Lynne,

I think my boss is out playing tennis or golfing. Also, my home computer is on a different timezone so the server logs times that are 8 hours behind the actual time. Crazy, eh?

P.S. I'm not Aldous, just a deranged imposter.