Wednesday, May 31, 2006

communication is a two-way street

you know when someone extends their hand to you and you are not quite sure whether they want a handshake or if they just want you to slap them some skin?

in a moment of triumph, mila raised her arm to initiate a high-five, and so I naturally raised mine to meet it. but then mila became worried that I might have just been doing a celebratory raise the roof, so aborted the high-five and jumped right into her own raise the roof. I shrewdly noticed this and so too benched my high-five and called out the raise the roof.

that's okay, I wanted to raise the roof anyway, I don't really like high-fives.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awkward!

Anonymous said...

Do you have heat stroke or something? Perhaps you should go to a doctor to make sure that you didn't dislodge something in your brain when you were trying to raise the roof.

simon said...

how do you even know what raising the roof means?

Anonymous said...

neither one of you should ever "raise the roof". please let that have been the only time.
thank you.
- mila's worried sister