Thursday, August 18, 2011

paper weight

good thing the new restoration hardware catalogue is 616 pages long. 615 pages would not have been nearly enough room for all the corinthian capital side tables, cast iron polyhedrons and reproduction wooden airplane propellers (only $1645!). also there probably would not have been room to include the 8 foot tall eiffel tower model or the similarly sized timber calipers (for measuring large trees, natch. tres lumberjack chic). honestly I am pretty sure that resto used to sell normal stuff; perhaps ceo gary friedman's spray tan is starting to go to his head?

p.s. the bronzed one calls it a magalog. real cute, gary.

2 comments:

emilymae said...

I think they are just trying to live up to their name - what if you have to restore an old wooden airplane? Where else would you find a propeller?

mom said...

I am pretty sure you can find a place for something in the catalogue. Actually I threw it out without even looking at it - I don't care for so much distressed stuff, it would have distressed me too much.