Sunday, October 11, 2009

some questions

according to the globe and mail, our hospital boss is one of canada's top employers. they cite reasons such as "a nap room for employees who need a break during the day." question: where is this nap room? because I frequently would enjoy a nap during the day and yet somehow they did not mention this nap room during our orientation. also often while I am sleeping at the hospital (at night, I might add) things happen which disturb my sleep such as my pager beeping - perhaps they should have docked the hospital a few points for that? and oddly the quality of the linens did not seem to be addressed in the survey. if their research team had only scoured the EV archives, it would have been quite obvious to them that the quality of life at the hospital had ample room for improvement.

p.s. "a variety of flexible work options, including variable scheduling, telecommuting" was also mentioned, and yet my bosses seem to keep insisting that I come in to work every day. perhaps I will make tuesday a "variable scheduling day" and enjoy the benefits of an extra-long long weekend.

1 comment:

george said...

We have a "nap room" at my office. It's where my desk is located. I sometimes nap sitting in my chair while pretending to read things.