Wednesday, July 01, 2009

just chillin' in my ski mask

getting the buzzer set up in our new building has been, as they say, a fiasco. at first, the buzzer went to my cell phone, and that was all fine and I could have nice convos with everyone down in the lobby, but for some reason could not buzz anyone in. we might have survived this condition, but whenever we went downstairs to let someone in, we inevitably forgot our keys, and so joined the visitor on the wrong side of a locked door.

so we asked the super to change the buzzer to our landline, thinking this might fix things. no problem, he assured us, he would get right on it as soon as he got back from his day trip to digby. well I happened to run into the super while he was attempting to reprogram the buzzer machine. MOST PAINFUL THING I HAVE EVER WATCHED. it was like watching grandparents try to book airline tickets online. PAINFUL. and I was socially bound to stay there and watch him as he mashed buttons on the keypad for what I am pretty sure was a few hours.

well now there are about five entries for us in the buzzer system, with various misspellings and typos, which ring up to god knows which phone numbers, and none of which seem to work. also I am pretty sure he deleted some of our neighbour's buzzer numbers.

anyway the upshot of all this is that I managed to spy the super's access code for the buzzer system. so the plan for tonight is to don a ski mask, head to the lobby, and take matters into my own hands, buzzer system cybervigilante-style.

4 comments:

Mom said...

Your grandmother can book tickets online very quickly!

Nana said...

Your Mom's right. I'm insulted!

Nana

simon said...

I was referring to grandparents in the general - obviously my grandparents are all quite computer literate!

Nana said...

I'm glad that's been cleared up!