Monday, March 23, 2009

try not to be jealous

I got a letter in the mail today from architectural digest, inviting me to subscribe at a preferred, professional rate. PROFESSIONAL RATE. I guess some AD subscription honcho probably saw me out and about one day, and assumed from my dapper appearance that I had the discerning eye and sparkling brain of an architect. SO THEY INVITED ME TO SUBSCRIBE AS A FELLOW PROFESSIONAL. PROFESSIONAL ARCHITECT. actually, now that I think about it, the lady who runs the local framing store wondered if I was an architect (she probably thought my framing decisions had a certain architectural je ne sais quoi about them) so maybe it was she who tipped off the AD honcho.

1 comment:

George said...

So, in what way does "Professional rate" imply that you're an architect? The possibilities are endless: professional student, professional musician, "sales professional", and of course we all know what the oldest profession is - so maybe they thought you were a male hooker.