Thursday, March 05, 2009

one thumb down

so last week I may or may not have injured my thumb in an incident involving beer bottles. really, who is to say whether or not I then had to go to the emergency room and have my thumb sewn up? and it is certainly possible that when I got home in the early morning I was immediately put on probation by a half-asleep mila. something to do with not being allowed to go out anymore if it meant that I came home with stitches the next day. anyway, obviously I am not admitting to any of this, so when I become famous and reporters are dredging my blog for incriminating nuggets they will come up with little more than empty conjecture. but if the aforementioned were to have taken place, then I suppose it would not be outside the realm of reason to suggest that my thumb might be a little infected right now. I am going to have to keep it on the down-low, though, as I am guessing that thumb infections violate the terms of my probation. perhaps I will have to pay the ER another late night visit to get the problem dealt with after mila goes to bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I told you it looked infected!!! Put some polysporin on it and take two aspirins and call me in the morning.

Anonymous said...

simon! you should be more careful! how can you be a doctor?