Sunday, March 29, 2009

bowing to fashion

I must confess that I am a bit of a fan of the bow tie. so when I am older and am a real doctor, I think I will wear one every seven days or so. obviously I am talking about seven business days, by the way, because if I were on a regular seven day cycle then you would have "bow tie tuesdays" or something and that would look very calculated on my part and obviously I do not want to look calculated. so every week or two I will be rocking a sweet bow tie when I am a grownup. just fyi.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Warning! /you might want to rethink the bow tie thing. You may think debonair when you see a bow tie but others disagree. This links to a great quote (scroll down) from David Sedaris about public perception of bow ties and those who wear them.

http://lifeafterrhodes.blogspot.com/2008/10/wes-rhodes-david-sedaris-and-bow-tie.html

George said...

How much more calculated to arrange a seemingly random wearing of bowties, without "bow tie tuesdays" or something that would look very calculated on your part. As long as it doesn't look calculated, I guess that's all that's important.
P.S. Aren't you impressed that I could figure out how to do bold