Sunday, October 19, 2008

unsuitable behaviour

finding a suit for the pending nuptials is proving to be somewhat of a challenge. mila recently tried to pressure me into settling for a nondescript garment of rather too coarse a fabric for the occasion. obviously I ignored her, but at the same time I was somewhat hurt that she did not share my same drive for finding something with just the right amount of sheen (a sheen that whispers words of gentle seduction in an accent of uncertain european origin, yet at the same time coos "whatever, I'm just a suit" before taking a studied sip of her gutsy barolo). the drab lining of another candidate was similarly an absolute deal-breaker, mila's claims that "it's fine, honestly" notwithstanding. I assume that "can we go yet?" and "where's the bathroom?" were simply mila's way of articulating her immense displeasure with the cut of the trouser and the offensively high gorge on the next two specimens, but she had disappeared from the store before I could confirm.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Won't it save you a lot of anguish if you just rent one?

simon said...

the day mila rents a dress, I will rent my suit. actually I would probably still refuse.