Monday, July 28, 2008

I am going to provide exemplary patient care

in the waiting room at a clinic last week, piled atop a wood-veneer side table of unknown provenence:
june 2005 chatelaine
may 2007 flare
november 2003 national geographic
and a time magazine of surprisingly recent publication

really I do not know how patients are expected to get well when they are left languishing in a waiting room with nothing but outdated cancon rags to read. well at least my patients will get cured, because I am going to have the sweetest magazines in my waiting room.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

as long as you have new issues of Bust magazine in your waiting room, I"ll be happy. This post reminded me of when I broke my arm and in the waiting room at the bone clinic at St. Joseph"s there was a Canadian Living EXPLAINING THE NEWLY INTRODUCED METRIC SYSTEM. - Bronwen

simon said...

hmmm yeah I was thinking more of elle decor, met home, W, men's vogue, wallpaper*, martha stewart living....