Wednesday, February 20, 2008

wednesday thoughts

1) we ran out of milk as I was making my hot chocolate, so I had to add a tablespoon or two of water to fill my mug. I feel dirty and cheap. maybe I will go eat some butter.

2) what is with people who double click on the internet? honestly.

3) I read about some petition to get the default margins in word reduced, in order to save paper. okay, that is obviously the worst idea I have ever heard. white space is the best space, you know. sure, they might save a couple polar bears, but does that mean my documents must look cluttered and busy? rest assured, I did not sign that petition.

p.s. if it is a four day week, is wednesday still humpday? if anyone is friends with any office dwellers (preferably secretaries) please enquire.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"wednesday responses"

1. Hot chocolate powder mixed with hot water is my favourite! I am offended.

2. We no longer know any secretaries who complain about hump day...she's long gone! But don't worry - without a doubt she is somewhere in the world unpacking her Anne Geddes photo calendar, romance novel and "is it friday yet?" office door sign.

The new assistant, however, is a major trade up. She is smart, sharply dressed, super organized and stays late for fun. Plus, she watches Prison Break.

simon said...

hot chocolate powder with hot water? just hot water? they used to serve that to the senile old people at the nursing home that my grade 6 teacher made us go to to sing christmas carols. it's so depressingly spartan. and gross.

treat yourself to some skim next time. you won't regret it.

Aldous said...

1. Why didn't you just drink a thicker hot chocolate? Chanticoesque!

2. As I'm sure you know, you can actually adjust your internet settings to make links double-click. I think this is mostly for people who are indecisive.

3. What happens when you factor in the Academic Weekend?

simon said...

what is an academic weekend? if it involves not having classes on mondays or fridays, I do not want to hear about it.

p.s. reservations at jean georges secured for the outrageously reasonble lunch. that is 2/3 3-stars in nyc booked. le bernardin will be a pass - eric ripert simply does not excite me.