Sunday, January 13, 2008

go pistachio

I love those pistachios in the bottom of the bag that have fallen out of their shells so that I can munch them without having to do any work.

by way of corollary, I cannot stand those pistachios that have just a tiny little slit in the shell. they always hurt my fingers and they simply are not within my acceptable range of work to food ratio (cf. pomegranate. I wish I were one of those roman guys who lounged about all day on a chaise longue and had individual pomegranate seeds fed to me).

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Peter won't eat pomegranates for that very reason.

Anonymous said...

this company has an open shell guarantee. plus their mascot's name is stach! http://www.everybodysnuts.com/
i read about them in a nurse magazine yesterday.

simon said...

who invented pomegranates anyway? they are such a huge pain. peter and I will have to go halves on that roman pomegranate seeds feeding guy.

was it actually a nurse magazine? or by nurse magazine do you mean chatelaine? either way, I just played stach dance revolution and lost.

Anonymous said...

close! it was real simple. and it belonged to a nurse.

Nick said...

Simon, you aren't supposed to eat the ones that aren't open!

simon said...

that's oysters! or mussels, or something.