Wednesday, December 05, 2007

any holiday celebrating food fried in oil is okay by me

his belly pleasantly full with sweet potato latkes, simon poured himself a cup of coffee and began his search for the hanukkah chocolate, which mila had evidently hidden:

"mila, it's okay if I eat some of the chocolate, right?"

mila never replied, so it seemed she had no objection to simon helping himself to a square or two of ghirardelli in celebration of the festival of lights. simon continued his search for the chocolate, hoping that he might also stumble upon some sufganiyot, or at the very least a krispy kreme.

p.s. mila please be quiet when you get home from the hospital as I will probably be in a deep, oil-induced slumber, and will not want to be disturbed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is sugawhatever? Some sort of chocolate? Have an apple or something to counteract the oil and chocolate.

Bronwen said...

they are a type of filled doughnut, I believe. The Globe life people suggested this week that you serve them with the filling on the side, instead of inside the doughnut - I thought this was a lame idea . . . yet another reason why globe life is a sub-par section.

PS simon i suggest we have a doughnut-making extravaganza for new year's party

simon said...

bronwen that sounds like a wonderful idea but you will have to mail me my donuts because my school here does not seem to understand the concept of statutory holiday.