Saturday, September 01, 2007

bltec

dear blog,
did I ever tell you that I finally ate one of those thomas keller sandwiches I was blogging about? it is his favourite sandwich, but he gave it to adam sandler to use in spanglish. it is really just a blt, but then you add a fried egg and a slice of cheese. the trick is to keep the egg yolk right in the sweet spot of not so runny that it drips off your sandwich and wastes all that cholesterol, but not so solid that you miss out on the almost sauce-like property of the egg. anyway, it was really delicious. I would make one tomorrow, but I think mila has somehow let us run out of bacon. her ear infection must be really bad, because she is usually pretty good at maintaining the bacon stores. oh yeah, I forgot to tell you, mila has an ear infection. it is like living with a toddler around here.

well, bye for now, blog. I am off to cut my hair. I just got a new pair of scissors, so I am pretty pumped to give them a try.
later!
simon

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'll be glad to know that that sandwich has made its way to Columbus, OH, where I've had it for lunch twice (minus the beer from Spanglish, I'm no lush). My version is all-organic, because I'm tremendously afraid of the American food chain.

"You know, everyone always assumes that I have these amazing gourmet lunches, but I really do not." David Lee's daughter, Devon, 14

Also, from the Globe, David Lee's comments on his daughter's lunch:

"[Kids] need carbs, a little bit of protein, but they'll burn off a lot of energy."

"I try to educate my daughter as much as I can. I grow herbs in the garden and [by] telling her to grab me some basil or coriander, she'll learn what it is."

So low key! Don't you just love the guy?

simon said...

I wonder if he would adopt me.

Anonymous said...

Aldous, does this mean that you have regained your passion for food? And btw, how is good old Columbus? Don't you just love Target? I wish we had it here.

Emily said...

simon,
this is the greatest sandwich i've ever heard of. i just made one, sans lettuce, but with the addition of pc garlic mayo. incredible.

simon said...

garlic mayo sounds like a sensational addition. I will try it next time.