Friday, July 13, 2007

heather reisman you had better come through

our local chapters promises a harry potter release party next friday, complete with live music. however, the whomping willows, harry and the potters, draco and the malfoys, the remus lupins, the parselmouths, and the moaning myrtles are all booked elsewhere that night. in short, pretty much the who's who of wizrock is unavailable. so I do not know who exactly they have booked for the london chapters, but they had better find someone good before I start throwing down some jinxes or maybe some curses.

p.s. mila the den light is still on.

3 comments:

Luke said...

Perhaps your local Chapters has scored a surprise coup and will feature the famous Weird Sisters? It would be like the White Stripes playing a concert in a YMCA the other week.

In related HP news, I finally read books 5 and 6 this weekend...I cannot believe that the last HP I read immediately upon its release was in 2000! Now back on the bandwagon...is there anywhere local where I can buy a Gryffindor tie?

simon said...

these white stripes seem to be wearing the novelty concert card a bit thin.

I am glad you are up to date on your potter. had you not read 5 and 6 yet? I am afraid I am of no help on the tie, though I fear stores would be picked clean of any such offerings anyway, given the season. if you have one on hand, a UCC or UTS tie could probably pass for ravenclaw, I should think. but then again who wants a ravenclaw tie? who is even in ravenclaw? b-list!

Luke said...

No! I was shockingly remiss. Never fear though - I am well caught up. My brother and I, after some serious discussion, have both decided without a doubt that we would both be in Gryffindor.

In other news, I am not sure I can wait for my pre-ordered online copy HP7 to arrive on Monday...hello Friday night line ups! If you can get into town, the Bay St. Indigo will have a lifesize replica of the Knight Bus on hand! Not to mention the Shrieking Shack, face painting, and a Hogwarts Bouncy Castle!